Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Freedman's

Visited:  Tuesday 10/10, 1:15 pm

What I ordered: chopped brisket sandwich, potato salad

My take: the chopped brisket sandwich is a solid deal, w/moist and meaty brisket that is a delicious bark / potato salad is basic / (I've been many times previously and highly recommend the smoky beets and the banana pudding served layered in a jar!)

The place: Love the history and story of this place, it feels like the building has an "old soul".  Read about it's history on the back of their menu.  Gaze at the beautiful marble and wood bar.

Pro Tips: Upgrade your sandwich a $1 for the "Lunch Box" combo to get a side and non-alcohol beverage or a Lone Star beer. Sandwiches are half-priced during happy hour. Whiskey goes great with BBQ!  Although I didn't imbibe during this lunch trip, my "go to" after hours is the 'Ol Schmokey cocktail.



No comments:

Post a Comment