Wednesday, October 25, 2017

La Barbecue

Visited:  Wednesday 10/25, 2 pm

What I ordered: brisket (combo fatty and lean), pork ribs, chipotle sausage, pickles, potato bun.

My take: both briskets were good, but the fatty is some of the best so far / the pork ribs are tender (but not fall off your fork tender), with a flavorful peppery crust / the sausage isn't my favorite texture-wise and lacked the flavor punch I was seeking. The crispy, thick dill pickle slices are the best (totally worth the $2).

The place: inside a Quickie Pickie, with a line that wraps around outside (covered w/tarps for shade) and then down the length of the building on the inside.  Plenty of indoor seating and several benches outside under cover.  There's a nice selection of craft beers on the menu.

Pro Tips: Get your brisket slices separately and then add pickles ($2) and a potato bun (.50) to make your own tasty sandwich.  I was there Wednesday at 2 pm and waited in the outside line that wrapped around twice, and noted when I left at 3 pm that line was empty - good time to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment